We are very aware of the difficult time that health authorities around the world are facing in managing the rapid spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the exceptional burdens they are facing. We wanted to let you know what we are doing to protect our business, our people and our clients at this uncertain time.
We wish to protect our staff, their families and those of our clients and intermediaries from the COVID-19 virus. For this reason Prospect Capital has decided to limit all non-essential business travel and face to face meetings.
We have now implemented a skeleton staff in each office with the balance of our staff working remotely. Whilst we do not foresee that there will be any delays in response/turnaround times, we ask for your understanding as we manage this exceptional situation. You should still contact our team using the normal telephone numbers which you would otherwise use as these have been directed to their mobile phones. Our email and information technology systems remain fully operational.
What preparations are we making in response to a potential widespread outbreak?
- Our Management Committee and other members of our leadership team are meeting at least once weekly to evaluate the situation as it evolves and respond accordingly.
- We’re monitoring and acting on the advice of the States of Jersey, the World Health Organisation and other authorities such as the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Whilst at this point we do not have any members of staff who are confirmed as having the virus, anyone who has recently returned from abroad or exhibiting symptoms have been instructed to self-isolate for 14 days or until such time as the symptoms have disappeared.
What precautions are we taking?
- We have suspended business travel not just to "Category One" countries (i.e. those currently worst affected by the virus) but in general.
- Meetings with clients requiring travel are by exception and only permissible in exceptional circumstances.
- We encourage clients and staff to meet by video or audio conference wherever possible.
- Anyone who has travelled through Category One areas is excluded from our offices for 14 days from the date of their return.
- We already enable our staff to work remotely and to have full access to our operational infrastructure irrespective of their location, and a significant number are already working at home across the Prospect Group.
- We have cancelled or postponed certain client and staff events until such time as the situation improves.
- Events scheduled for the future will be reviewed and a decision taken given the circumstances at the time, in the best interests of our clients and our people.
What are we doing to ensure the continuity of our supply chain?
- We’re in contact with our service partners to ensure the continuity of the supply of goods and services to us.
- Where appropriate we are increasing our inventory of core technology products essential to running our operations and allowing our staff to work remotely.
Please do contact us if we can provide you with additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 25 March 2020